Wednesday 8 May 2013

Oh my gollies.......

Hey lovelies :-)

I need to say a big sorry to you all it has been ages since I last wrote a blog. Time is really zipping away at the moment I am still being a busy Treats lady for you all, in fact I am just about to edit some pictures of two things I made yesterday for you all :-)

So what have I been doing since I checked in with you last time???

I have been tinkering along with treats things for you all I would upload some but Blogger seems to be having a bit of a problem uploading pics tonight :-(

I went over to Tempting Little Charms HQ two weeks ago to have a bit of practice time on a torch ready for when I finally get my kit to start making glass lampwork beads.
I made some fantastic (well I think they are fantastic anyway) beads with lots of different techniques. I made some shaped ones using a brass press, one with loads of bubbles inside, one with a fabulous star inside the bead, one with a foil heart shape too amongst others.
I had so much fun and I really loved watching Keeley at work and seeing her amazing workspace :-)
She has the most fantastic assortment of glass and bead presses it was amazing seeing it all and it has made me really neeeeeeed my kit sooooooon!!!


I have also been really busy with wedding preparations still. I have written out all our place names, written and sorted out the seating plan which was actually not too difficult to do.
Ordered loads of balloons and very pretty table confetti so I can't wait for them to all come in the post plus loads more!

I also made my clutch bag for the day. It is a simple clutch bag with a band of two tone coloured material with a heart brooch in the middle.
When Blogger decides to work again I will put up a post with loads of pictures, it is a beautiful bag and considering it was the first time I had tried a clutch bag I was very impressed with myself whoop :-)

Oooo ooo ooo I almost forgot to tell you I found the most amazing information out this week.
I am going to be doing my own nails for our wedding (I have had a bad experience with a nail lamp so am steering well away from professionals doing my nails again) I watched a You Tube Video about French Manicuring your own nails perfectly. I always struggle to get the line just quite straight.
You paint the end of your nail as normal white but do it further down your nail than you normally would but don't worry about making it neat and tidy. Let it dry then get a spare eyeshadow brush and dip it in acetone nail varnish remover it needs to be acetone as it is very strong and sweep the brush over your nails till you feel the amount of white at the tip is right for you. I tried it a few times and it works so well. The line will always be straight as you are using a brush so hey presto salon perfect nails at home for a fraction of the price! 


So lots of different things happening in the world of Catherynne's Treats :-)



Speak soon, take care
Catherynne

Catherynne's Treats









No comments:

Post a Comment