Saturday 16 March 2013

Happy 1st Birthday to me!!

Wowzers, eeek, whooop :D
Catherynne's Treats is now 1 !!!!!
How did that happen, I think I blinked and all of a sudden it is 1! It feels like no time at all that it has been here and yet it feels like it has always been here if you know what I mean??

I have always been a crafty, makey kinda gal working with working with children making cool stuff with them always trying lots of different ideas out and having fun and it has grown since then but on an adult level of making fun nice things.

I am not too good at just doing nothing, I need to be reading or something (although given a choice never really housework but then is anyone!)
So it was a natural step to graduate into jewellery making and other pretty things like handbags and dollies.
I am going to give you a quick scan of the last year and you can yet me know what you have been doing this last year :-)

I started off by putting together Pandora style bracelets as at the time they interested me. I also started decorating plain hessian jute bags and filled them with delicious bath treats and sold just those two things. I then was getting increasingly fed up of going in the shops and never ever quite finding really pretty jewellery so I kept looking at some of my jewellery and thinking I am sure I can do this. So I typed into Google jewellery making and loads of things came up. What did come up most was a basic jewellery kit of 4 pliers and then various beads of your choice and various findings (the bits that keep everything together). I scoured the internet and asked a few fabulous friends that I had met through Facebook while promoting my page. My favourite page on Facebook and the one page that really inspired me the most to make jewellery was Magpie Jewels. I really love everything that Debbie makes and bought one of her braclelets and still wear it now to this day which says a lot as I only wear my own jewellery now apart from the one I have from Debbie :-)
I asked her where she did some of her buying from and then went shopping, well on line shopping courtesy of the fabulous Internet and not having to have to leave my own comfy sofa :-)
I put in an order for a pliers kit and various bits and bobs and I was off. Bitten totally by the beading bug and have not stopped since.

My styles have changed a lot over the course of this year as in the very beginning I was simply stringing beautiful beads onto various stringing materials such like tiger tail wire which is very strong and can be made in loads of fabby colours. My favourite being shocking pink and black. Threading beads alternatively onto these two gives a very pretty effect!
I have graduated onto different charm bracelets putting various beads onto chain for a beautiful bracelet. To my most recent amazing discovery of Irish waxed linen. A fantastic thin cord that can be knotted in amazing ways.
I talked a bit about a website last week called Smitten Beads and they have been very responsible for my changing and evolving styles depending on what amazing beads they have in.
I am currently looking at some fabulous small peanut shaped beads that when threaded together sit all wiggly and cool!

What has not changed in this year is that I totally love beads, fabric and all things beautiful.
I love making beautiful things, spending my time making things that other people enjoy and will treasure. I am currently filling up my bookshelf with magazine's and books with the most amazing designs in so that my own jewellery is always up to date and fresh and interesting.
I am however always on a learning curve so if something does not sell I can very easily take it to pieces and re jig it to make something much more delicious and amazing!

So to mark the occasion of Catherynne's Treats being a whopping 1 I am going to have a giveaway of a mystery gift :-)
All you need to do is subscribe to my blog and pop your name in the comments down below here telling me you have subscribed and why you would like to win and on Wednesday 20th of March at 8PM I will choose someone to win a mystery gift, or even gifts who knows but it will be a total surprise though!!

So get your names on the bottom here and tell me why you want to win :-)

Take care and speak soon
Catherynne
Catherynne's Treats

19 comments:

  1. Catherynne,

    Happy First Birthday! I enjoy all your treats and your fabulous ideas! Keep up the amazing inspirations!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mary :-)
      I love making beautiful things <3 xxxxx

      Delete
  2. One year already! Crikey. Your ideas have moved forward so fast in the last 12 months - can't wait to see what the next 12 bring.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karlos!Morale!
      Those are some very kind words, I have lots of fantastic ideas so stay tuned xxx

      Delete
  3. Happy 1st birthday Catherynne, it's been a pleasure to have you as one of my customers and to see your makes on FB. Am now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda,
      You are one of the reasons I can make such beautiful work so keep producing your amazing beads and never stop <3 xxx

      Delete
  4. I've followed your facebook page for a while now, but only made my first purchase this week...don't know why I waited so long! If your mystery 1st birthday prize is even half as goos as the fabric flowers, it will be fab & I'd love to win it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely words Julie, you must show me where you have put your flowers xxx

      Delete
  5. dawn Obrien

    i love your stuff but haven't got around to ordering yet! maybe winning something will start me off!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps subscribed via email!

      Delete
    2. Oooo I hope you will be a customer sooner than later xxx

      Delete
  6. Happy 1st Birthday! The two bracelets I bought from you get worn all the time and I love telling people where they came from! Lots of best wishes for lots more birthdays and a very sparkly future :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Newcastlenia, I hope my future will be very sparkly too <3 xxxxx

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! Things can only get more awesome from here.
    Absolutely love your stunning work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hiddenwarrior, awesome is the only way forward in my book xxx

      Delete
  8. Just followed your blog. I have been a follower of your facebook page for a while now and am always admiring your work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyrsten, those are some lovely words xxxxx

      Delete
  9. Happy First Birthday! I love your work, it's absolutely fantastic!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carlie, I put a lot of time and effort into everything I make and it shows I hope xxxxx

      Delete